How BUE's PowerPit!™ Blind Auction Works
Step 1 Bid Request
- Fill out a Bid Request by clicking: here
Step 2 The Auction
During this step, BUE staff will review your energy bills.
- Analyze the last 12 to 24 months of your electricity & natural gas usage data to determine your load profile and best position your account for the bid.
- Prepare a customized Request for Proposal (RFP) to pre-qualified suppliers serving your market. Every supplier BUE recommends has been thoroughly researched to ensure they have quality offerings & high ratings with both the Public Utilities Commission and the Better Business Bureau.
- Officiate a blind auction in BUE's PowerPit™ with the suppliers that are best suited to service your account(s); Blind bidding ensures that suppliers offer their lowest acceptable rate.
- Analyze the auction results and prepare a proposal which includes prices, an energy usage profile, a savings projection, and recommendations. If the bid is accepted by the customer, BUE:
- Scrutinizes the supply contract to ensure it complies with the bid offering.
- Works with the supplier to ensure a timely switch. Note: Your utility will not change. Your utility will always deliver your electric/gas and be responsible for responding to emergencies.
Step 3 Sit Back & Relax
- All clients will be monitored with BUE's patented PriceWatch Software™, which alerts analysts when market prices reach a specified point.
- BUE will identify any mischarges or errors made by your utility or supplier & have them credited back to you. See BUE’s Inspect-UR-Bill™ service for more details.
- Sit back and enjoy the savings while BUE looks out for your best interests.