Energy Supplier Standards and Expectations
Any violation of these policies may result in non-admittance or expulsion from the PowerPIT™ auction platform:
- Suppliers are to be accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
- Suppliers must not have any outstanding complaints filed with the Public Utility Commissions, Public Service Commissions, or other public entity.
- Suppliers must maintain an exemplary reputation.
- Contract terms must be fair and provide safeguards for BUE clients.
- Suppliers shall not hide any taxes or fees.
- All rate offers must clearly state included and excluded components.
Energy consultants help select energy suppliers.
About BUE-Approved Suppliers:
- Almost all own generation facilities
- Average BBB rating of an A
- Awards from KEMA and JD Power & Associates
- Awards for high customer satisfaction
- Many offer green options - BUE can get customers anywhere from 10-100% green energy. Most are national and deal in many markets. A few are even international.
- BUE suppliers own most of the pipeline capacity, allowing the lowest natural gas prices.
- Some have questionable tactics – if you are not an energy expert, you may find out when it's too late!
- Are you comparing apples to apples on rates and what is included in those rates?
- Some suppliers leave out certain charges to appear to have lower rates (SUT, Line Losses, etc.)
- What is their BBB rating?
- Do they have complaints filed with the Public Service Commission (PSC)?
- Are they custom fitting a product specifically to your needs or just forcing you into a box with other customers?
BUE has performed due diligence on all suppliers wishing to bid on our clients' accounts in the PowerPit!™ We have rejected numerous suppliers for failing to meet our Supplier Standards and Expectations.